Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maria

One of the Russian Ladies at the Bindery has taken to calling me Maria. She seriously thinks my name is Maria. Which is funny because her name is Maria. I would try and explain that's not my name but she speaks very little English as is. We already talk using various hand movements and raised or lowered voice tones to get our points across. We must look so funny waving our hands around and saying short sentences such as ' take book' or 'no have' or 'where book'. She doesn't seem to like me very much. I think I am a punk kid that is going to screw everything up in her eyes. She frightens me she yells at the top of her lungs 'MARIA!!' and then hand gesture and says the few words we've worked out. I VERY quickly learned she wasn't yelling Maria at herself. Therefore to avoid being even more on her bad side 'Maria' it is. After all Miriam .. Maria.. not that different right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment