Thursday, June 16, 2011

BLOG WARS: AKA Calling all freakishly in Love

Blog shout out to my roommate Bobbie Carol! She's a beautiful writer. Her lastest blog: "Calling all lonely romantics' inspired this blog. Check out her link on the side of my page!

Every Facebook profile picture I post seems to be covered with happy pictures of you and me. I don't want to change any of them, but the camera happy person inside continues to post new photos. All around me people are flocking to temples, churches, and beaches to get married; I know we've only been dating for 2 weeks but it oftentimes seems so attainable.

You know what it feels like to have me tell you that I love you the way a fat girl loves a pizza, you know I only want to punch you 95% of the time just so I can have an excuse to kiss you again. Your blood is cold like Edwards. I tell you that I understand your problems, but I truthfully spend the whole night trying to work out what colors we should have at our wedding. When I wake up and realize I still have a ring-less finger, I wonder how long it will take for you to realize that you adore me even though you might not have a soul.

You don't know what it feels like to not stop and dwell on the now. How you long to just be married right now! No more of this I've only known you two weeks or what if we're traveling down this road too fast. How can you not lay in bed at night wondering what I could be planning if you already had given me a ring-- what should be.

You don't know what it feels like to NOT question yourself. To have no, doubt, no rushed and rash thoughts and feelings, to know that 'Let's take it slower' really means 'I got you a ring I just haven't figured out how to give it to you yet". Why do you think it matters that I know nothing of your childhood dreams and that I don't realize that you are feeling rushed and unsure within your body. I have no moments of self-doubt, I know I am pretty enough, smart enough, fun enough, and young enough... plus I know I am good at getting what I want.

But you also know that I like to walk in the sunshine and let my long hair blow in the wind behind me. I know the world was created to revolve around me. How everyone always goes everywhere with me because they, and only they like to stalk me. How everyone listens to the songs I like.


You don't what it feels like to be an only child with rich parents that come and fly down to see me every other weekend. How daddy's wallet radiates pure happiness when I hear the Velcro. How I jumped for joy when we bought me another new car, and a new cell phone. I know when I get my weekly check that they love me--can't pass that up.

You DON'T know what it feels like to never be sad, and always happy, and to never feel alone. To always see a beautiful girl when I pass by my many mirrors. How to find friends every time you go shopping. To have everyone love me almost as much as I love me.

And though my Facebook is still plastered  with smiling pictures of us, I'm ready for MY happily ever after. I need to make an event, because my life is worth celebrating. I'm going to invite ALL 1000 of my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Miriam! That was great! :) Just so there is always a record of the original...

    http://anxiouslyengaging.blogspot.com/2011/06/calling-all-lonely-romantics.html

    Thanks for thinking my post was worth parodying.

    ReplyDelete